This Sunday, due to the tornado disaster this week, we will be doing a couple of things differently. First, we are going to ask everybody to bring in items for distribution to storm victims, second, we are going to go a different direction in our time in the Word, third, we will spend time interceding in prayer for those affected by the storm. Here’s how that is going to work:
1. Thank you to those of you who have already given to help out storm victims. For those that haven’t had a chance to, bring the following items to Agape this Sunday, and they will be distributed quickly to storm victims: 1. Bottled Water 2. Bottled Juice 3. Toiletries 4. Diapers 5. Feminine Products 6. Blankets 7. Socks. 8. Tarps. 9. Snack boxes that won’t spoil and are packed well in a box. For now, please do not bring anything not on this list. Please ensure that everything is clean, well packed and usable. We will get these items to storm victims ASAP. Please purchase things at the store to give away – in this way we can share each other’s burden and love in a Godly way! We should have a trailer available to load your stuff onto. Please ensure that it is packed well for travel, as our trailer does not have a top!
2. We will still be looking at 1st Timothy 5, but our time in the Word is taking a different direction this week. Specifically, we will look at a time in the Bible where Jesus was asked about disasters, and Kind of addresses why natural disasters happen, and whether or not they are God’s judgment. His answers might surprise you!
3. We will spend time Sunday praying. Please pray between now and then. It is not wasted time, nor is it a mere religious exercise. The Father listens to the prayers of His people – His adopted children – so PRAY!
1. Churchwide Clean up day – Saturday, May 21st, beginning at 9:00am. Our focus: Cleaning, replacing air filters, replacing light bulbs, replacing ceiling tiles, and fixing bathroom toilets. We need all hands on deck for this one!
2. Wednesday Night Fellowship Meal: THIS NEXT WEDNESDAY NIGHT! (May 4) Covered Dish – bring food to share. Starts at 7pm.
3. Wednesday Night ReLaunch Part 2: Next Wednesday night (May 11): Two new groups: Secrets of the Secret Place (led by Craig Huggart) and Radical Together (led by Chase Thompson).
4. 3rd Annual Family Fun Day and Man Food Cook Off. Sunday, June 5th. Add it to your calendars now! Cancel your vacations! This is something you DON’T want to miss! Family Fun Day has been called the most exciting and fun one day event in the last 500 years!