Lots to cover today, so I shall jump right to it.
1. Please be praying for Malachi Small, Kevin and Heather’s son. They took a trip to Gatlinburg this week (for vacation) only to have Malachi struggle with his Oxygen enough that he has had to be admitted to Knoxville Children’s Hospital. This has been an ongoing issue for weeks that the Small family has had to deal with, and I believe it is wearing them down. How do we respond? First we pray, and pray much! Second – we look for practical, tangible ways to bless them. Also – Kevin is scheduled to preach this Sunday, so pray that he will be able to do so, and that God would use him mightily!
2. Did you know that David McConnell has started a (free) daily Bible message service that arrives through text message? You can get a daily devotional message (plus Scripture) delivered to your phone, and sent out by David. Here’s more details: http://life160.me/?p=406 Check it out!
3. Tonight at Agape the band Widower (made up of our own Alex Capoccia and Chris Ledbetter + friends) will be playing a concert in an attempt to raise enough money to purchase a trailer to carry their equipment. The concert kicks off at 6:30, and you should go! If you can’t go, consider helping the guys by hiring them for odd jobs, and paying them a decent wage. Email me back for details. More info on the concert tonight: http://www.facebook.com/events/122307244569665/
4. This Sunday night we will have our monthly Exodus gathering for the leaders of our Gospel Communities. We’ll begin at 7pm with a potluck meal together, followed by a very interesting discussion and closing with a time of ministry to each other.
5. Family Fun Day is set for June 10th!! We will have our annual man-food cook off, a baked goods contest, fun games and rides, and a massive injury inducing water slide. What could be more fun? More details to come….
All for now…
See you Sunday!