WEDNESDAY, WEDNESDAY, WEDNESDAY! Bad Credit? Poor Credit? Abysmal Credit? The Government is after you? NO PROBLEM!
Tomorrow (Wednesday) night at Agape, we are relaunching our Wednesday night gatherings with a bang! If you have a job, and if you have a paycheck – you can get in a Wednesday night class! Nobody will be turned down because of bad credit or no credit. Appraisers will be on hand to evaluate your trade in and you will be given top dollar for your used Bibles!
Oh wait, sorry. I got caught up in the hype. Here’s what’s really going on: After a one month hiatus, Wednesday nights @ Agape are kicking off again. Kid’s ReVive will be back in a big way (and in a new room!), EPIC youth never left, and there will now be three other Bible studies for adults and families to choose from. Everything starts tomorrow night at 6:30, so come a bit early – grab some coffee and a treat, and then we will have some great small group time together. Tell your friends…invite your neighbors…and come join us! (Nursery will be provided)
Below are the details on the three classes. If you don’t like reading details, here is a quick summary: The Foundations class (taught by me) will help people get a foundational understanding of God and the Bible. It will be very much discussion oriented, and will answer questions like: “How do we know we can trust the Bible?” ”Why did Jesus have to die on the Cross?” and “Is the Bible trustworthy?” The First Corinthians 13 LOVE class is taught by Kevin Small and will go through one of the greatest chapters in the Bible, learning all about love. The Personal ministry class is taught by Michael Fargarson and will train and equip you to be able to minister to other people, free them from past painful experiences, and point them towards Jesus. More details here:
Instruments in the Redeemer’s Hands taught by Michael Fargarson
This class will be a practical survey of the book Instruments in the Redeemer’s Hands by Paul David Tripp. Some things addressed by the class will include:
- Fulfilling God’s purpose in our relationships
- Properly using the Bible to help someone through life’s trials
- Helping others in the midst of suffering
- Identifying the real problems that must be addressed for us to see God’s will done in other’s lives
- Why and how we speak the truth in love to others
- Giving people what they need to change
What Is This Thing Called Love? taught by Kevin Small
“8 Weeks in 1 Corinthians 13″
- Session 1: Importance of Love
- Session 2: What Love Is
- Session 3: Content Like Jesus
- Session 4: Mannered Like Jesus
- Session 5: Giving and Forgiving Like Jesus
- Session 6: Handle Stress Like Jesus
- Session 7: Pure Like Jesus
- Session 8: Dependable Like Jesus
Faith Foundations 101 taught by Chase Thompson
“Important Questions – Useful Answers”
- Session 1: How can I know God is real?
- Session 2: How can I know the Bible is trustworthy?
- Session 3: How was the world created? What about evolution?
- Session 4: Who was Jesus?
- Session 5: Why did Jesus come? What is the Gospel?
- Session 6: What is the church and how did it start?
- Session 7: What happens when we die, and how does the world end?
- Session 8: Your Questions and Answers
- Session 9: Fellowship Meal with other groups